Monday, June 29, 2009

Stair Stepping...

We arrived in Ella to find a completly different side of Sri Lanka. It's quiet, it's about 15 degrees cooler (thank God), it rains, there are huge mountains that shoot straight up from the ground, and our hotel has clean, hot, running water with a view that is to die for! We are just relaxing and going over things of our trip these last couple days...tomorrow we head off for Colombo to fly across the world again!

We just got back from a hike up in the mountains...we walked to a completly different mountain in search for a cave that was used as an ancient temple and has statues and stuff in it...with all the trails, no map, and no clue where we were going, we were unsuccessful in our cave hunt...but we got rained on, walked up about 600 stairs straight up the side of a mountain (talk about cardio), and had a great time!!!

I only have a couple minutes, so I'll keep this one breif. I'll try and write another one before I head off...this trip has changed so much of my life and where I want to go after this...it is just the beginning to a new chapter in the adventure God has for me! I can't wait to see what comes next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment